Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cocktails anyone?!!

For the past two months I have been infusing Bourbon with Cherries, Ginger, and Clove. I also infused Vodka with Lemon, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit, and Vanilla Bean. Tonight I strained and macerated the two infusions through a chinois. The Bourbon infusion smells of well... bourbon, sweet and tart cherries with a hint spice (sort of like bitters). The Vodka infusion is exotic, ripe fruit, sweet vanilla and hot alcohol vapors. The mixture of citrus makes it difficult to pin down one aroma and the vanilla really came through in the last couple of weeks.

The Cherry Ginger infused Bourbon is basically Manhattan ready; all I will need to do is mix the infused bourbon with some straight bourbon in a cocktail shaker and voila one tasty cocktail. I reserved out some of the Bourbon soaked cherries for garnish. The Vodka infusion will make for some tasty "Citrus Drops". I am thinking a little simple syrup, a bit of straight vodka with the infusion in a cocktail shaker should make for a nice Saturday or Sunday evening patio cocktail.

Now I need to get the shaker, sounds like a party. Give me a holler, lets have a drink and enjoy the summer.

No comments: