Monday, August 25, 2008

Trail run.

Busy day at work. But I still kept it to 8.5 hours. I had packed up my running gear before work. After work I changed and head over to forest park for a run on Wildwood. I did the section from Lower Mc Cleay Park. They had done some trail maintenance on the the Lower Mc Cleay trail that leads to Wildwood, smoothed out and some fresh cedar split rail fence. It had rained yesterday and and the trail was damp no dust and the cedar smelled great. I proceeded onto Wildwood; I have not run this section of Wildwood trail in a while. It was a nice tempo run, 8 miles. The forest was green and damp and the fresh rain had heightened the evergreen aroma from the trees. It was cool, clean and fresh. It is great to have this so close to the city. The really nice thing is with my schedule I can leave work and have a run in before 5 pm grab some dinner and I still have a whole evening in front of me. Life is good.

No comments: