Sunday, August 24, 2008

Post Canyon Mtn. Biking

Headed out to Hood River area to Mtn. Bike at post canyon with Ben and Mike. I have not been on the Mtn. Bike in a couple of weeks. There was some good climbing, technical single track and a big play area of ramps and jumps. I actually attempted some the ramps and bridges. Went well and good times. I really only crashed once, kind of endo'ed, could not get my second foot out but was able to put my other foot down before the bike went over the top of me. Ben and Mike got a good chuckle as did I. As a friend of mine says about their experience with Mtn. Biking, "my fitness level far exceeds my technical skill" and so it goes with me. Got in a couple hours of riding. The descent back to the car was a blast you can really bomb that stuff. The best part of going to Hood river to Mtn. Bike is the essential post ride trip to one of the breweries for liquid refreshment. We headed over to Double Mountain for some tasty Pilsner and and Pizza. A fine way to spend a nice August Sunday, certainly beats church. Although the outdoors is my cathedral.

later

No comments: