Thursday, July 31, 2008

Final Short track

Monday was the last of the short track series. I only did three of the six races, more next year. I finished like 25th this last week, which was worse than the week previous, which was worse than the week before that. Aren't you suppose to get better. AAArrrGGHHH!!! Big turnout, which once again led to lots of congestion on the course. This again led to clogging, falling, trying to get around people. I played a lot of catch up. I should have finished in the teens, oh well still had fun. One of the best parts of the evening was watching, friend/acquaintance, Beth race with the biggest grin on her face the whole way. She obviously was digging the race and doing well. That is the way to compete. I might have to race Sport division next year, you ride ten minutes longer but there should be less congestion,with beginner men, beginner women and juniors. The main thing is I was having fun, lots more of that in the future. Hopefully I had big grin on my face too.

Next adventure, getting ready for the Cascade Lakes Relay.
Just about to head out the door for that. Two vans, 12 people, little sleep, beautiful scenery, and lots of running. I will report back when I return from this weekend.

On another note, I just might start training for the Portland Marathon, might as well. It will keep me training, happy, active, and I will still have the shit eating grin on my face.

Happy Trails.

No comments: