Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shoulder problem continues

My shoulder has made little progress. The whole shoulder is still tight and sore in certain position and when I try to accomplish specific tasks or movements. In fact the in addition to the sore overworked Teres Minor the posterior portion of the joint capsule is also tight which is restricting movement and slowing the recuperative process. I have been going to PT for a couple of weeks which includes deep tissue work and the PT manipulates the joint in an effort to stretch/loosen the joint capsule. Along with the PT I am doing daily exercises to strength the shoulder area. I have enjoyed the break from swimming but have also missed the workouts. After nearly two months I feel I am losing much of what I had gained.

In general exercise routine has slowed to a basic maintenance level. More running than riding. I am enjoying the slower routine but have been antsy a bit which tells me I need to get out there more.

No comments: