Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Bike.


Just took delivery of a new bike last night. A nice looking 61 cm brushed Aluminum cross bike. I once again ordered from bikes direct , same place I bought my road bike. You can't beat the price for the bike with great components.

I was introduced to cyclocross a couple of years ago by a friend before I even had my first road bike. It always looked fun but I was content cheering on my friends, it is a real fun and raucous atmosphere. Last year I again was a spectator and cheered, all the while being goaded into getting a bike but money was too tight to warrant the purchase. I did finish off the season with two races on a borrowed mountain bike. Those things are heavy and Mtn. bikes put you at a disadvantage in a cross race.

This year I was able to free up some money in the budget and I am prepared; new bike, I attended two cross clinics, consisting of skill lessons for techniques on how to dismount, remount, how to shoulder the bike for run ups. Cross is full of barriers, run ups, hills, dirt, pavement, gravel, grass, bumpy terrain and often rain soaked muddy fun. This will be good fun and it is just fun to get a new bike. Cant wait to get all assemble an on the pavement. whoop!!

No comments: